The former St. Vincent’s Psychiatric Hospital was originally completed in 1873 and remained a functioning facility until the 1970’s. In early 1980 it was converted into 209 affordable apartment units and placed on the National Historic Registry. In 2010, an $11 million renovation on the property was completed. The work in the units included new mechanical, electrical, and plumbing fixtures and devices, flooring, paint, cabinets and toilet and closet accessories. The common areas received new acoustical ceilings, energy efficient lighting, vinyl plank flooring, elevator modernization, a new computer lab, management offices and card access and security systems. Since the original renovation in 2010, Roanoke has been the go-to contractor for the owner when other substantial challenges inherent to old, historic buildings have occurred. The exterior of the building had a significant structural failure that was repaired and rebuilt, and new historic windows were installed. Copper and slate repairs were performed, and landscaping and a new playground were added. All work was performed while the residents remained in place or within the building. Most recently, two separate casualties including a water pipe break and a roof fire caused significant damage to a portion of the building. And again, Roanoke was called in by the owner to provide consultation and reconstruction of the affected areas of the building based upon our exceptional work in the past, care for both the residents and historic conditions of the property and ultimately our focus on thinking like an owner partner in the execution of our work.